I have been busy working on several things since I quit my job. Things like the open source twitter/micro-blogging platform (yonkly.com), a couple of contracts for a couple of clients and not to mention all the learning, blogging, writing and speaking that I have been doing. In the process I have learned a lot and I could honestly say that I learned more in the past 3 months than in the past year working a full time job.
I already share this knowledge through my blog, writing and speaking as much as I can. In order to take this a step further and contribute directly to the community, I am offering my services for free. Wait a second though, let me add some fine print…
If you are a business owner in the Washington DC Metro Area, then you should take advantage of this opportunity. You have nothing to lose. An expert consultation could easily cost you over $1000 – but you get it for free. Sorry, I sound like a telemarketer.
Here is what you get:
- I will come to your business (with current gas prices – this is a big one)
- We will discuss your IT issues for half a day
- If I don’t know the answer, I will say so. I don’t waste my time or your time.
- I will email you my recommendations within 2 business days
- I will not try to sell you anything or solicit any business.
Why talk to me:
- I have 10 years of IT and software development.
- I am a Microsoft Certified Solution Developer.
- I believe I am a .NET expert developer and architect
- I have lead and managed teams, local and remote.
- I understand the business implications of technology decisions.
- I don’t just code and write software, I can help you shape your online strategy and hopefully improve your business.
- I have worked for small, medium and large companies.
- I have worked with the private and public sector as well as government and DOD.
- I am very good at what I do and not because I am smarter than other people but because I passionately LOVE what I do and strive to learn and do better every day.
- Take a look at some of my work to get an idea. Most of these projects were done in my spare time and my most recent project is www.yonkly.com
Why am I doing this:
- I love what I do
- I want new challenges
- I want to help my immediate community
- I want to expand my professional network
- I am bored of working from home – I need to see people
- Almost every job and contract that I have been involved with was through word of mouth, so this, in the long run will help me.
If you are interested, then contact me through the contact page. I am looking forward to meeting al of you.