It is unbelievable how much shit I have been subscribed to and paying for. Even worse, how much of it, I don’t really need.
I went through all my accounts and canceled all the non-essential stuff.
- Cable TV is gone – interestingly enough my media center croaked recently, it must have been a sign
- My Xbox 360 is dead and it is going to stay that way.
- Netflix is also gone. If I feel the urge, it’s redbox for a dollar or free from the library
- My paid online subscriptions are gone. If it is not free I don’t want it. I
am only keepingam even canceling my Basecamp account
- I moved all my php websites to a new server at DreamHost and my cost went from $50 a month to $5.
- I am looking into moving my Rackspace server somewhere cheaper – I am paying $300/month
- I will switch to FIOS as soon as it is available in my area – any experiences with that?
- No more eating out
- Draft beer from now on – no more dirty martinis :(
Other tips anyone?