This is a test of WLW and its image/picture capabilities.
- I ran the snipping tool.
- Drew a box around the area I want to snip
- Pasted the results into Windows Live Writer
- It pasted this picture
- I then selected the picture in WLW and selected the Effects tab
- And added a Watermark “emad.blogstogo.com”
Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a way to set the watermark settings as a default for all my pictures :(Things I like:
- It was too easy and straight forward
- It creates thumbnail of the image and uploads it with the full size image
- Thumbnail (i.e. displayed picture) size is customizable and can be dragged to any size
- It tells you in the status bar the sizes of the thumbnail and the full image
- You can add different borders around the picture
Things I did not like:
- No way to set default for all pictures. I am not going to type the watermark text and change the border for every single picture I paste (fortunately, I like the defaults).
- Not enough border effects
- You cannot select multiple pictures to apply the same effects to them at once
- There is no format painter
- Undo does not work with image edits e.g. delete the watermark, try to undo and it skips over the watermark delete i.e. edit carefully.